This Week @SACPC
Weekly Update: April 15-21, 2018
The best way to stay informed about activities in the life of this church is to bookmark this page! We'll update the Make Note section each week with timely updates about important events and activities. You'll also find the calendar, which we've set up in "agenda" format so you can scroll through activities by day. Note that you can click on event names to see additional event details (work in progress - we're adding details to future events).
Announcements for the week of April 15
- Family Retreat: The deadline to sign up for the family fun retreat is Monday! Contact Gail at email@example.com or 762-9693 x214 to reserve a spot for your family.
- Be The Light: On April 15 our youth group along with other area youth groups will gather for food, fun, fellowship, and to pack birthday bags for Catholic Charities. You can drop your child off at The HUB at 5:30 to ride Thelma (our trusty church bus) to the event, or bring your child directly to Pine Valley Baptist Church at 6 pm. We are collecting donations of gift cards through April 15.
- Jon Evans Visits Sojourners: WECT co-anchor Jon Evans will speak at the Sojourners meeting on April 19. Contact the office by April 16 to make your lunch reservation ($5 for lunch).
- Membership: We’ll be receiving new members on April 29. Contact Robb Lapp at ext. 215 or firstname.lastname@example.org by April 23 to discuss membership arrangements.
- Join More Than a Story: The More Than a Story Bible study is in the midst of working through the entire Bible. They meet on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m. in the Library. The study is always open to all women but this is a good time to join as they begin the study of Ezra on April 24. Contact Cindy Simpson at email@example.com or 910-274-5619 for info.
- Malawi Challenge: An anonymous donor will match up to $50,000 of SACPC member contributions to support Malawi education and food relief. If we take full advantage of that generous offer we could have $100,000 - enough to build a teacher housing duplex and to replenish the Malawi Food Aid fund. Make contributions to the office or online.
- Variety Show Sign-Ups: Sign up for the April 25 Variety and Art Show. If you have a talent to share please contact Jimmy Chagaris at 622-0121, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Crystal Concert: Dean Shostak’s Crystal Concert, performed on glass instruments, is April 28 at 7:30 p.m. in Brown Hall.
- West Virginia Mission Trip: The trip application deadline is May 15. Contact Gary Smith at email@example.com or 762-9693 x226 to reserve your spot.
- Congregational Meeting: Congregational meeting on April 22 at 12pm in Brown Hall to elect members of the 2018 nominating committee.
Our calendar of events is listed below. To open in a new window, click here.